Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What happened to Mother's Day?

Been a little while since posting - between work and prepping for Chris' party, there has been no time to come on and post my musings, nor go on my 'hang-outs'.

Chris' party went well, despite my hubby's lazy-ass in getting things up! I think we finally finished about 5 minutes before people started arriving. Thanks, hubby, for dropping the ball on that! Chris had fun - really enjoyed the back yard and his toys! What a little boy he is becoming! He had so much fun playing with his little friends. Will post pics when my MIL releases them from captivity (she had a colonoscopy yesterday at a Mother's Day present, so I will give her a reprieve for a few days)...

Now, on to Mother's Day... Guess how I spent it? Doing laundry, picking up hubby's crap, getting things ready for the next day. No "rest" for me - and nothing special either, except for the nice Serenity figurine in the Willow Lake series my mom gave me the day before. My IL's never even gave me a card...and hubby gave me a card Monday morning. So glad everyone forgot I am a mommy too. To say I am a little disappointed is an understatement...what is that supposed to mean? Am I a bad mommy or something?

And, on top of that, I laid into hubby yesterday morning... Our agreement when I returned to work in July 2004 was that he would help me out with the cleaning and such around the house. At this point, I think we have a 5% / 95% split on the duties (you guessed right right again - I am the 95%!) and I am tired of it. He spends so much time with his hobbies and crap, which is fine by me AS LONG AS he gives me the equal time, which he is not. I'm pissed off now...and he's just not getting it. He thinks that cleaning up a bit yesterday will mull things over - but it's not this time around.

This is going to be a war now. I watched my mom get stepped on for too many years by my dad in this area to take this lying down anymore - and I work full-time, where my mom didn't. He called me this morning to tell me he got a call for an "audition" for some karate-something-or-other....I told him "whoop-de-do!" Right now, I don't give a crap - not when I am carrying the bulk of everything, and still dealing with the losses and potential health problems the recurrent loss testing could show. I am not impressed right now...and he's going to get that point tonight when I get home.

I never thought I would be even posting all of this - but, why should I do everything, then get complaints from him when I brush him off at night for some "fun" because I am just too tired to stand? Why can't he figure it out without me having to spell it out for him? Then again...this was how he was raised too, so I guess I can see where it comes from. It's going to stop here though - and he better be ready for it.

No comments: