Friday, April 14, 2006

A few steps in the right direction

My appointment with my GP yesterday was probably one of the most productive medical appointments I've had in a long time. After telling him what has been going on over the past few months (and specifically weeks), he suggested that I not consider an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med right now. He said how I have been feeling over the past few months is completely normal and I would benefit more right now from sleep (YEAH!) and counseling.

So, I will be taking a med called Rozerem for the next 6 weeks or so - it is not a conventional sleep aid in that, it is not habit-forming (it's non-narcotic) and it really resets your wake/sleep schedule by regulating your melatonin levels...the only drawback is that it doesn't work immediately. It will take about 5-7 days to really feel it is working. But, the thought of sleep coming is such a wonderful thing!

He is also going to personally research a counselor for me to go to...he agrees I need someone who specializes in IF/loss and he doesn't want to see me waste time having to play guessing games on who to go to. So, I should have a name and phone number relatively soon.

...and, considering how much stress has ruled my life over the past few months, my blood pressure is perfecto! It's 114/78! Phew!

I have also made the promise to myself that no matter what, I need to take time every weekend and go to church... It's been a long time since I've gone (not counting Baptisms) and I am about due... On that note, here is a song that has been inspiring me for a week or so...

"Inside Us All"
by Creed

When I'm all alone
And no one else is there
Waiting by the phone
To remind meI'm still here
When shadows paint the scenes
Where spotlights used to fall
And I'm left wondering
Is it really worth it all?

There's a peace inside us all
Let it be your friend
It will help you carry on
In the end
There's a peace inside us all

Life can hold you down
When you're not looking up
Can't you hear the sound?
Hearts beating out loud
Although the names change
Inside we're all the same
Why can't we tear down these walls?
To show the scars we're covering

There's a peace
There's a peace inside us all
Let it be
Oh, can't it be your friend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some good lyrics. I hope you get the much needed peace and comfort through sleep, prayers and help/advice. I could imagine with all you've been through it's much needed.

I'm glad to hear, however that your blood pressure is still good.

:) lots of :hugs: