Friday, November 10, 2006

Song for the Moment: Rhythm of Hope

...Back from picking up the dress (which looks faboo now that the boobs are puckering in the middle!) and had to post this song.

I love songs that take you a while to really unravel their meaning... The true depth of the song comes to you when you are experiencing the same thing as you listen to it. I have had the album Tribe since 2003, randomly spinning in the car for a while. But, on my way back from the bridal shop, as I was skipping through the CD changer, I came across the following song:


RHYTHM OF HOPE
By Queensryche

Lying here awake again.
Minutes before dawn I hear your breathing,
your heart beat like a song.
Lately I’ve been feeling a little less then good but
seeing things for the first time like I never could.

I’ve had my head down against the door,
trying to get to something I couldn’t find before.
That special something, that feeds my soul,
is a rhythm to live by, it’s a rhythm of hope.

Something drives us onwards.
Something gives us strength.
What makes our judgment falter is the questions we think.
Who am I to fly so high?
What gives me the right to dream of what could be,
keep reaching for the light?

I’ve been standing in front of that door,
basing my happiness on what’ I knew before.
Searching for something that moves my soul.
A rhythm to hold to, a rhythm to live to.

Have you been down like this before?
I guarantee there’s something waiting for you just open that door.
A rhythm to live by, that moves your soul.
A rhythm that holds you.
A rhythm to live to.

And if there’s one thing we all need now,
it’s a rhythm to live by, a rhythm of hope.

Lying here awake again.


Sure fits where I am right now... Trying to find my rhythm of hope. I have spent so long comparing how things have went before recurrent loss entered my world to how they are now, and it only squashes the hope out of my soul.

As I write out my list of questions for Dr. D on Monday, I am wondering if I should just abandon that list like I am abandoning temping and charting - and just let be what will be. Maybe that is where my hope needs to be.

** Also, please say a special prayer for Zia today... She is having her FET this afternoon, and I am wishing, praying, hoping that she finds herself knocked up in 2 weeks. It's her time... **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear how last night's consult went! All of my thoughts and prayers are headed your way. :)