Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Uh, gee. Thanks for the reminder of what I am missing, BabyWeekly

After I found out I was going to miscarry my June angel on 11/7/05 after the second u/s showed an empty sac, I went through and deleted - or at least I THOUGHT I deleted - my e-mail address from all of those lovely e-mail lists on pregnancy and what you should be expecting week by week. I did this so fast, along with deleting everything pertaining to the pregnancy in my siggies on Fertility Friend, Connected Moms and Fertility Family, because I couldn't stand looking at the reminders of what wasn't going to be.

But, low and behold! Look what pops into my e-mail - not my spam file, but my e-mail this afternoon:



BabyWeekly Tips – Week 6
Managing Cradle Cap

If your baby develops a yellow, hard crust on his or her scalp, don't worry - this is called cradle cap and it's very common. If your baby develops a yellow, hard crust on his or her scalp, don't worry - this is called cradle cap and it's very common. To soften the flakey skin, try rubbing a small amount of vegetable oil (such as olive oil) on your baby's scalp, leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then use a fine-tooth comb or soft brush to gently brush the flakes off. However, be careful not to brush too harshly; your baby's scalp is delicate and can get sore and red if brushed in the same spot too long or too hard. Make sure you wash your baby's scalp after applying the oil; leaving the oil on can cause the flakes to stick even more. To help dissolve all the oil, leave the shampoo on for a few minutes before rinsing off.


Uh, gee. Thanks for reminding me how old my angel baby would have been today.

This is one of the hardest parts of having had the three miscarriages - the small, "incidental" reminders of what was not to be that sneak in. Just when you think you are beginning to accept and move on, something like this comes along to slap you in the face and sets your whole mindset back a few steps. Dammit.

At least I listened tod my guarded heart in February when I found out I was pregnant again - I never signed up for any of these e-mails. So, at least I won't get slapped again later in the year when I pass through my not-to-be EDD on 10/30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww oh no, Tina, sending you a big ((((((hug)))))))

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo sorry Tina, :( I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Tina!!! To get a reminder like that from someone who doesn't even love you! Sorry you had to endure such a reminder - as if you could ever forget.