Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mutiny on the Body

I am starting to think my body has decided to scale a full-fledged assault on me now...why? I would LOVE to know!

Dr. McC called me at 9 pm tonight - b/w is back from Tuesday already! Wow! Talk about getting answers fast!

Good news: My Folic Acid and B-12 levels are normal. Yeah! But, he is going to re-run the homocysteine levels that Dr. D ran in May to see how different they are now. Should be back by Monday.

Bad news: My one thyroid level went up from the original b/w in July. CRAP!!! So, he is arranging for a thyroid scan now and an appointment with an endocrinologist so we can see exactly what is happening. He said this could explain the anxiety, the weight loss (bummer), the lack of concentration, the stomach issues.

Luckily for me right now, the Librax I started on Tuesday seems to be working - I am upset, but I am not off my rocker over it. It had definitely eased the anxiety a bit, and has calmed the tummy so I can eat now.

I am just so frustrated now... Ever since we started TTC again in 7/05, it has been down-hill from the second we started. I am beyond pissed off that my body just doesn't want to cooperate for the one thing I have wanted in my life: another child.

But, I am trying like hell not to really freak out - I can't, until I have the full picture in front of me...

....How long until 2006 is over?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina.... remember, everything happens for a reason. Remember the words to that song?... We can only see a part of the picture He's painting.

We may not understand the here and now, but in the future, the reason will be very clear... hang onto that. (i know, easier said than done, but... it could happen!)

-Amy