Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Beautiful things

In my Women Who Do Too Much calender today, I received this:
"To be surrounded by beautiful things has much influence on the human creature; to make beautiful things has more."
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Well...I am making something beautiful...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, it is amazing.

My EDD is now changed (by one day) to June 10th - I am measuring perfectly from the u/s done on 10/24: 10 weeks, 1 day. I am also getting kicked and punched like a massive soccer ball...might have to talk to this baby about it when I start feeling the movement in the weeks to come. Heart rate is about 150 bmp.

And, I gained no weight from the last appointment three weeks ago - very good, since I am eating like a cow right now!

Everything looks so perfect...so right.

It is so amazing right now. But, it still feels so, so unreal - two years ago this Thanksgiving Day, I had my d&e for my second m/c. This Thanksgiving, we will be sharing very different - very good - news at just a few days shy of 12 weeks pregnant. It is hard to wrap my head around that. I am having a hard time, still, feeling happy. I am - I am elated! But, I have - and probably always will until this baby is born - that cautious voice in the back of my head. I am trying hard to ignore it...but, knowing how bad things can go now, it is rather hard to ignore it.

I am taking it day by day... And praying day by day...

10 comments:

DD said...

This is an excellent update! yeah!

Anna said...

How truly wonderful! I am so happy for you and your family! Yippee!

Rachel said...

I am so glad that everything is still going well!

Dianne said...

Enjoy every minute and"try not to worry" about sharing the news, you want your friends and family to be there for the good and heaven forbid if anything bad happens... but things are looking great so enjoy that~! But i know what you mean of the innocence being lost because of all that you know- they say ignorance is bliss! Too bad we are too smart :)
HUGS to you, ENJOY
love di
ps
thanks for being there

Anonymous said...

Tina, I am so happy to hear that baby bean is fine. Now, you have to start doing the belly pics!! :)

neko and the crocodile said...

Apparently I've been on planet Mars... apologies for not saying this sooner!

Congrats! What great news. SO happy for you. May this be a smooth ride right to the end.

Anonymous said...

Tina, what a beautiful little bean you've got growing in there! :)

Anns said...

Oh I am sooo happy for you!!!
I also spent my last Thanksgiving m/c-ing so there seems to much to be thankful for for both of us this year.

Blessings to you and your little one!
Anns xo

ilyse said...

I am so glad things are going so well with the pregnancy. I can't wait to hear about how everything goes when you tell your family on Thanksgiving.

Dr. Grumbles said...

that is indeed beautiful